Which is the best 8 Inch subwoofer for your car? Most of us have to take long drives everyday mostly for work hence a pretty good chunk of our time is spent in our vehicles. Music is one of the best ways to make the long drives and even longer traffic jams bearable. Adding an 8 inch subwoofer to your vehicle’s sound system will give your sound system that extra thump and bass, making your listening experience more pleasurable.
Many brands have subwoofers with nearly the same features and you may be overwhelmed trying to find out which is the best 8 inch subwoofer to get without compromising the quality of the bass you receive. However, you need not fret for I have 3 suggestions of 8 inch subwoofers that are gonna knock your socks off!
Best 8 Inch Subwoofer Reviews
Planet Audio P8UAW 8 inch 800-watt Amplified Subwoofer Review
The Planet Audio P8UAW 8 inch sub allows you to enjoy the advantages of more bass despite your having very little space in your car. At a height of only 3″ , it is compactly built to fit perfectly into very tight spaces.
- This powerful 2-Ohm stable Amplified Subwoofer consists of 1300 Watts max power with MOSFET power supply to get your sound system pounding.
- It comes with both high and low level inputs that allow you to hook it up to most in-dash stereos and enjoy the thumping bass.
- It also has additional 2-channel built in amp that allows you to power up an extra pair of of speakers for enhanced sound.
Use the Variable Low and High Pass Crossover, Bass boost, Phase Control and Subsonic Filter to customize the sound.
Use the wired remote control to add or reduce the bass if you want to but if you would rather not, just leave it unplugged and it sets the sub to max and the you can control the sub level with your head unit’s sub control.
This sub is very well built and produces bass like you wouldn’t believe. It produces a really clean bass with zero distortion and what’s best it doesn’t rattle the windows. It has a pretty good feel to it and doesn’t at all look cheap.
Mount it behind the back passenger seat or simply place it under the seat, plug in and feel the awesome bass! Click here to see price on Amazon.com
Pyle PLPW8D 8-Inch 800 Watt Dual 4 Ohm Subwoofer Review
The Pyle PLPW8D is a booming 800 watt subwoofer that’s created with the avid bass lover in mind.
- It will add the growl to your music in any type of enclosure, sealed, vented or open-air.
- Its made of a sleek black steel basket and non-press paper cone adding to its aesthetic value.
- It has a 40 oz magnet, 1.5-inch four layered voice coil, and specially treated foam surround coil, it produces a really great sound.
Use the spring loaded, push down speaker terminals to connect to your amplifier and soak in the powerful sound. It will surprise you with the good, deep bass and punch it produces bearing in mind it is only an 8 inch subwoofer.
It is very fairly priced but will compete any day with other subs going for even four times the price. Click here to see price on Amazon.com
Kicker 40CWD 84 8″ CompD Car Subwoofer Review
Looking to add some boom to your car’s stereo without breaking the bank? The legendary Kicker 40CWD84 8 Inch Car Subwoofer will do exactly that for you! Produces powerful and unbelievable bass!
- Kicker’s 40CWD84 8″ features a flexi-resistant polypropylene cone to provide those hard-hitting distortion free lows.
- The ribbed foam surround promotes long excursion and aids in keeping the cone on target.
- It has a steel basket which provides a sturdy foundation for big bass production and the extensive venting guarantees long-lasting performance that won’t break down even under very heavy bass.
- This Subwoofer can handle up to 200 watts RMS to bring out the bass that you’ve been missing in your car.
- Its 4-ohm voice coils allow you to easily connect to a mono amplifier.
This subwoofer works pretty well in ported or sealed enclosures and is also ideal for open air applications. You can get it in black which is bound to go well with the interior of most cars or yellow if you don’t mind a splash of color!
It is relatively small and so it fits well in the little spaces. I gotta tell you for such a small sub, the sound quality is pretty impressive.
If excellent bass and clarity for much less is what you are looking for, then the Kicker 40CWD84 8″ is your ultimate choice! Click here to see price on Amazon.com
Conclusion and Recommendation on the Best 8 Inch Subwoofer
I have taken the time to try out the above 8-inch subwoofers. They are all great and do a great job of enhancing the sound of your stereo. However, after trying them all out, I feel I should recommend the Planet Audio P8.2UAW 8 inch compact subwoofer as the best 8 inch subwoofer among the three.
It produces a really clean distortion free bass, is compactly designed to fit small spaces, comes at a very affordable price and doesn’t even look or feel cheap.
Get this Subwoofer and make those endless hours in the car look like minutes. I guarantee you will be impressed and thoroughly pleased with your choice!
You may also like: