Searching for the best 18 inch subwoofer to up the game in your car’s sound system?
A subwoofer is a sure way to add the extra oomph you are looking for from your sound system. If you are a great lover of music you don’t want to just listen to regular sound music. To appreciate it more, you want feel it in your bones, you want to hear it thumping in your chest. Nothing better than getting a sub to enhance the quality of your music.
Shopping for the right sub can be tricky business. It is paramount that you choose carefully for purchasing the wrong one could prove costly and wasteful. I have tested three of the best 18 inch subwoofer brands available in the market to date and compiled this information to assist you as you shop for and acquire your new 18″ subwoofer.
Lets check out the best 18 inch subwoofer reviews that I compiled below
Best 18 Inch Subwoofer Reviews
Re Audio Xxx18d2 18″ 2,000 Watt Rms Rated (4000w Peak) Dual Voice Coil 2 Ohm Competition Car Subwoofer Review
Are you looking for that earth moving bass? The kind that would peel the paint off your walls? Then the Re Audio xxx18D2 18″ is the sub you are looking for.This great sub is powerful and has the ability to handle the lows as well as the highs smoothly. It will enhance your stereo system with clean, accurate, distortion free sounds.
Other features include:
- 400w peak output
- Dual composite 2-piece Cone Rubber Surround
- Cast Aluminium Basket
- Tork-Tite Terminal 3″4-layer Aluminium voice coil
- FEA optimized Motor Structure Split coil design
- Vented Magnet System (VMS)
- Dual progressive spiders
- Integrated tinsel Lead
This sub is big and heavy and will most possibly require a customzed casing. It is reliable and very easy to use and what’s more it is affordable. Be however warned that this sub is loud and you could annoy your neighbours who aren’t too enthusiastic about music. Click here to see price on Amazon.com
SoundQubed HDC3 18″ D2 Copper 1500W RMS Review
The SoundQubed HDC3 18″ D2 Copper 1500W RMS is one of the most popular, reliable and easy to use 18″ subs in the market today. This sub uses direct connect system that has no terminals. This eliminates the lead slap noise you would often hear in comparable products.
- The HDC3 uses a multiple spider configuration for better structural support and the triple joints are hand glued for better penetration in high stress areas.
- It has an average power output of 1500 watts and can handle up to a maximum output of 4500 watts.
- This sub operates at 31 Hz.
- It has magnet that weighs 340 ounces with a coil 54.229 mm long and 3″ in diameter.
- It is also durably made.
- It is friendly priced.
- This HDC3 is a Heavy Duty Competition wonder which weighs about 50lbs.
This sub has great thermal capacity. It handles the lows as well as highs with perfection. It is the loudest single sub I’ve heard. It will flex your windshield and make your roof bounce. Click here to see price on Amazon.com
DS18 TM-SN18 Troublemaker 18-Inch SPL Competition Neodymium Magnets 5,000 Watts RMS 7,500 Watts Max Subwoofer Review
The Troublemaker is the strongest and baldest of all SPL competition grade subwoofers.
If you are a total audiophile, this sub is gonna give you the required power to break all competition records.
It has amazing power of 7500 watts max power and 5000 Watts RMS power.
It sports some of these amazing qualities:
- The speaker comes equipped with 6 High Strength Neodymium Magnets for superior sound quality.
- It also has a 4″ Black Aluminum 6-layer Voice Coil, quite big voice Coil compared to other brands.
- 6-Layer Spider for long time use.
With its humongous presence of 18″ and its neodymium magnets, it can withstand the effects of sound pressure levels above 170dB!
- These speakers are quite pricey but with their quality, you get your moneys worth.
- Has really powerful with a high output to match.
- 7500 Watts RMS of maximum power output to.
- Has a very unique design.
- It requires an 18 volt battery for operation. This means you always have to ensure you have some spares nearby.
- Because the speakers are so big and heavy, they require a customized casing.
- It is very pricey
If money is not a constraint or you simply have some spare money to spend, then this is definitely a worthy investment. Be warned though, you are gonna get into trouble with the law because this sub is loud. Click here to see price on Amazon.com
Conclusion And Recommendations on the Best 18 Inch Subwoofer
I have taken my time with all the above subwoofers and I without hesitation recommend the Re Audio xxx18D2 18″. It is a great sturdy sub, built to last. It gives clean notes with zero distortion. It is well priced for a sub so big and so powerful. Get it today and transform your listening experience forever!
You may also like: