Which best wireless subwoofer to improve your home’s entertainment system?
Small, wireless subs are the last thing we think of when the word subwoofer is mentioned. most of us think of a big, gigantic box somewhere at the corner of a room that shakes and rumbles. With the growing technology, new inventions of subs have come into the market. These include the small, compact, easy to connect and move around wireless subs. With many brands in the market it may be difficult to know which is the best wireless subwoofer and making the wrong choice may prove costly. I have had the chance to test a number of them and I wrote this post to help you find the best wireless subwoofer that will meet your sound needs.
Here is a review of some of the best wireless subwoofer brands in the market today.
Best Wireless Subwoofer Reviews
SONOS SUB Wireless Subwoofer Review
Are you looking for that amazing, room-filled deep bass? The SONOS wireless subwoofer will do that for you! This sub spots the coolest features that will makeep you want to get one asap!
It has two force – cancelling speaker drivers positioned face to face ensuring that you receive all the sound and energy coming from the music loud and clear without losing any of it in cabinet rattle or buzz.
It is easy to set up as no wiring or programming is required. All you have to do is hit one button, follow the easy prompts on your controller and the system adjusts audio settings to balance your sub and the paired Sonos component perfectly for an optimized, flawless and room filling listening experience.
You can put this sub anywhere in the room either horizontally or vertically even lying flat under the couch and it will still perform brilliantly!
With this Sonos wireless, you get to access over 100000 free radio stations, shows, and podcasts all for free! What’s more, you can tune in without turning on your computer!
Sonos also works seamlessly with services like Google play store, Apple music,Amazon Music and downloads from service offering DRM -free tracks.
With the Sonos wireless, you get instant access to millions of songs and thousands of radio stations without ripping, downloading or even switching on your computer! Sonos uses the internet to connect directly to these services and then streams the music to the rooms you choose.
- It has integrated, multi -room control meaning that if you have multiple Sonos speakers, you can control what’s playing in any room from anywhere in the house.
- It also allows you to search for songs and stations, choose music, and control the volume from anywhere in the house.
- Its built-in wireless capability allows it to deliver music to any room of your house. Players and controllers establish their own secure mesh network that delivers the extensive range and high performance you require to get music all over your house.
You can also play a different song in every room,at the same time! You can tune in to an internet radio station in one room, stream a music service in another and play a song from your music library in another room! How cool is that?
You can also play the same song in every room simultaneously in perfect harmony without echoes or delays. This sub is small and easy to move to wherever you want it. You merely need to pick it up,plug in and enjoy your music. Click here to see price on Amazon.com
Orb Audio subMINI Small Subwoofer Review
This is Orb’s smallest subwoofer. It features
- a 6-inch long-throw driver
- 100 watt BASH amplifier
- a custom dual port design
- It is the perfect blend of value and performance in a compact package
- It has an ultra compact cabinet only 9″ on all sides.
However, its important that you do not get deceived by the 9″ cube. Small as it is, this sub outputs a lot of sound thus making in suitable for even larger home theater systems.
- It is solidly built
- It gives out tight, detailed bass with excellent clarity that you would usually find in larger and pricier units.
This little sub is the ideal compliment to your compact stereo system for your computer. It is compatible with any standard AV receiver and seamlessly works with wireless adapter for remote installation.
- This subMINI gives a really high performance for a sub so small and is very well priced.
It is solidly made and comes with a money-back guarantee, allowing for easy in-home auditions.
- The orb system is scalable so it allows the addition of other mod1X satellites and subwoofers to expand the system as required.
- Because the critical midrange frequencies are coherent, the system is able to produce natural sounding vocals.
- It might take quite some work to integrate the Mod1X satellites and subONE subwoofer to get the perfect blend.
- Not having a remote presents no problem if you are able to control the sound from your source device such as an iphone via Bluetooth but it can be quite a nag if you are using a hardwired source and need to constantly get up to adjust the volume.
This orb audio complete mini system givesyou a great sounding system in a little, stylish package. Although the Orb system may not match the clarity levels and dynamics of your other full sized system, your listening pleasure will in no way be diminished. Click here to see price on Amazon.com
Polk DSW PRO 550wi Wireless connection-ready Powered Subwoofer Review
Its no secret that deep rumbling bass enhances your listening experience and gives life to music and movies. If this is what you are looking for, Polk DSW PRO 550wi is your best bet!
Polk has built a great reputation building subs that produce deep,musical bass. This DSWPRO550i will forever transform your movie nights! It’s 10-inch woofer driven by a muscular 200-watt amplifier that will give you goosebumps during intense scenes on your movies.
This sub features Polk’s exclusive feed forward technology which kills distortion without interfering with the volume.
You are guaranteed quick, precise response all through the sub’s frequency range even at very high volume levels.
The PRO 550wi also comes with this cool feature called Polk Room Optimizer. This brilliant feature allows you to be specific on where you want your sub. It gives you these four options : corner, mid-wall,in-cabinet, or mid-room. The Optimizer then automatically equalizes the sub’s response to ensure smooth, clean bass from that position.
It has a remote control that allows you to access the above function as well as the volume control and phase switch so you get to fine tune the bass right from your favorite seat.
It has removable feet that allow you to position the PRO 550wi for either front-firing or down- firing operation.
The “night mode”setting allows you to quickly and easily temporarily lower the subwoofer’s intensity with just a press of the remote control. Click here to see price on Amazon.com
Conclusion and Recommendations on the Best Wireless Subwoofer
After carefully reviewing and testing the above wireless subs, I strongly recommend you get the Sonos Sub Wireless. Although it is quite pricey, it has such a beautiful finish, is easy to set up, and all those other cool features it comes with make it worth every penny! I consider it to be the best wireless subwoofer in the market. This sub will fill your entire room with deep layers of deep, bottomless sound that will enable you to hear and feel every single chord, roll, kick and splash. If cost is not a constraint, try the Sonos Sub Wireless, you won’t be sorry!